Impact: Improving lives worldwide
Every day, people around the world reap the benefits of research. At Clinical Research Pathways, our goal is to extend those benefits further so they can reach people of all populations and circumstances.
With help from generous partners, Clinical Research Pathways focuses on compassion and inclusion. We regard these as central to the success, quality, and purpose of clinical research. Already, we can point to the following accomplishments:
We have tackled the issue of expanded access from multiple perspectives—patient, physician, and IRB—and made progress on all fronts by:
- Streamlining IRB procedures for expanded access, resulting in shorter review times.
- Eliminating fees for IRB review by arranging a no-cost option.
- Creating a needs assessment tool to help institutions develop effective efforts to address gaps in physician education.
- Working directly with patients to help them navigate the expanded access process and get IRB approval within days of their request.
- Serving as a referral point for FDA and the Reagan-Udall Foundation Expanded Access Navigator.
We are laying the foundation for a pilot program to increase the diversity of populations participating in clinical research. Our intent is to serve as the convener and catalyst. We are reaching out to community health providers and the medical community and connecting them with research organizations.
Our goal is for patients from underrepresented populations to have the same access to clinical trials as members of majority populations. At the same time, by increasing the diversity of the clinical trial cohort, we can help generate more accurate, representative results.
Watch for more details on this exciting project in the weeks to come.