What information we collect from you
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you (“personal information”), including your first and last name, telephone number, and postal and email addresses. We may also collect demographic information, such as your business affiliation, age, gender, interests, preferences and favorites. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you may be required in order for you to use the website, ask us a question, or initiate some of the transactions on our site.
We may ask you to provide personal information for various reasons, including when you:
- Use our website;
- Interact with us via social media
- Participate in surveys or other promotional activities;
- Subscribe to newsletters, promotional emails, or other materials
- Make a donation to WCGF. We maintain a record of your contribution. We collect standard credit card information (card number, card type, expiration date) and keep a record of your financial transaction. Credit card numbers are held only until the charge can be processed (usually 24-48 hours).
- Submit an online request for WCGF products such as free brochures, or submit a question through a “contact us” query. We gather additional information from you to respond to your request. Such information will vary with the request but often includes name, shipping address, telephone number, and email address.
WCGF values and respects its donors’ right to privacy. We affirm that our fundraising practices protect against unauthorized use of any donor’s personal information that may be known to WCGF. WCGF does not share donors’ personal information with any third parties for any purpose except as may be required by law. WCGF publishes an annual report listing all contributors who are willing to be so recognized. Donations of those who choose not to be listed by name will be recognized as anonymous contributors.
We may also collect non-personal information – information that cannot be used to identify you – via cookies and Web beacons and other methods as described herein, even if you have not registered with us or provided us with any personal information, and we may use that non-personal information for any legal purpose.
We may collect information about your visits to our websites, including the pages you view, the links you click, search terms you enter, and other actions you take in connection with our website and programs. We may also collect certain information from the browser you used to come to our website, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type (such as Firefox or Chrome) and language, device type, geographic location, access times, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website that referred you to our website and to which URL you browse away from our site if you click on a link on our site. Our goals in collecting this automatic information include helping customize your user experience and inhibiting fraud.
In order to offer you a more consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with us, information collected through one source may be combined with information about you obtained in other ways by us and may also be supplemented by information obtained from other parties. Personal information may be needed for certain optional online activities.
How we use your information
With whom we share your information
We may share your personal information to carry out transactions you request with business partners that help us customize, analyze and/or improve our communication or relationship with you and/or provide our programs to you. We may also provide this information to our collaborative partners with whom we jointly offer programs. You can tell when a third party is involved in a program for which you have requested information because their name will appear, either alone or with ours. Please note that while we will only share your information with partners who share our commitment to protecting your personal information, we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party collaborative partners.
In all events, you can opt-out from receiving any promotional emails by unsubscribing from receiving such emails and/or from having us share your personal data with our collaborative partners to permit them to offer you their services by contacting us as described below.
We also may share your information:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal or regulatory process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including our marketing vendors. For example, we may tell our marketing contractor the number of visitors our website receives. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
Your choices with respect to collection and use of your information
- As discussed above, you can choose not to provide us with any information, although that might preclude you from taking full advantage of certain features offered on this site.
- You also can contact us as described below to add or update information and change your options for use of your information.
Cookies and other technologies
- To help us recognize your browser as a previous visitor and save and remember any preferences that may have been set while your browser was visiting our site.
- To help us customize the content provided to you on this website.
- To help measure and research the effectiveness of website features and offerings, advertisements, and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon).
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access portions of our site.
In addition to the above cookies, we may use Local Shared Objects, also referred to as “flash cookies,” on our web site. These are used to enhance your user experience, for example, by storing your user preferences and settings, such as your volume/mute settings, and in connection with animated content on our website. Local Shared Objects are similar to browser cookies, but can store data more complex than simple text. By themselves, they cannot do anything to or with the data on your computer. Like other cookies, they can only access personally identifiable information that you have provided on this site, and cannot be accessed by other websites.
This site may also use Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a Web page. We use Web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our site to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, and to improve site performance. We also may allow our service providers to use Web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our site. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using this website, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your sensitive personal information between your system and ours, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
This is a general audience website and is not intended to or designed to attract children under the age of 13. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we know, in fact, to be under the age of 13.
Visiting our website from outside the United States
If you are visiting our website from outside the United States, please be aware that your information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States, where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that we take steps to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
How you can contact us
245 N. Highland Ave., Suite 230, PMB 466
Atlanta, GA 30307
You may also email us at email@example.com.