The news on COVID-19 will continue to change as more people get tested, and communities and institutions take steps to respond to the outbreak. One thing that won’t change, however, is what you can do to protect yourself and help prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus. Clinical Research Pathways urges you to follow this advice from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC):
- Wash your hands often with soap and rinse with water for at least 20 seconds.
- If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Avoid large gatherings and stay about 6 feet from others.
- Stay home if you’re sick.
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched and/or dirty surfaces daily.